Machine Learning Engineer
At Dascena, we are applying cutting edge machine learning techniques in order to help save lives. We have partnered with hospitals across the country in order to deploy predictive machine learning technologies that assist clinicians in providing the best care to their patients. We are based in Oakland, California, and we offer the opportunity to work remotely. We are looking for a full-time employee, however there is some flexibility in working hours.
As a Clinical Informatics Machine Learning Engineer at Dascena, you will be part of a small, focused team of researchers, scientific writers, and scientists that manages Dascena’s research arm. From writing and publishing research papers to developing grants for government funding, you will help drive the industry forward with your research.
If you have a passion for working on large datasets, doing in-depth research, learning and implementing the newest techniques, improving medical outcomes, and brainstorming the next best idea, then please apply today!
- Carry out exploratory data analyses to understand complex datasets and complex problems
- Design and implement statistical experiments to test and validate hypotheses
- Deploy and iterate machine learning models on large datasets
- Communicate design and impact of data science projects in research papers and research grants
- Learn new techniques in the worlds of machine learning and deep learning and put them into practice to develop novel approaches in the domain of health
- Collaborate with the engineering team to drive cross-product data projects
- Mentor and recruit data science interns to train the next generation of health analysts!
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics or related field
- Experience of 1+ years in Data Science related jobs
- Fluency in Python is required, including but not limited to fluency with libraries such as pandas, scikit-learn, keras, and tensorflow
- Experience with applying machine learning/deep learning techniques to large datasets
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to work well with a team and independently
- Ability to work on multiple projects and prioritize efforts
- Experience with iterative, test-driven development and championing projects, from development to finished product
- Experience working with health data in a machine learning setting
- Familiarity with NLP
- Familiarity with R
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation including stock options
- Health benefits
- In-office snacks and monthly activities
- Flexible hours and PTO
- Remote work available
Equal Employment Opportunity Notice
Dascena is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment for all qualified persons. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, veteran status, age, genetics or disability.
Applicants and employees notice of EEO rights are available in our office and online here: