Director of Human Resources
Dascena is a health tech start-up located in downtown Oakland. We have developed and implemented predictive machine learning algorithms in hospitals that are used to detect deadly conditions and improve care outcomes. We are also exploring other applications of our technology in the pharmaceutical world and beyond. We are looking for a highly motivated and talented individual to join our team as we build and transform our company.
The Director of Human Resources will manage all aspects of HR at Dascena, ultimately becoming an integral part of the leadership team and a company culture ambassador. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an early stage, high growth company aiming to transform the patient care and drug development paradigm.
- Create, perform, and maintain robust, sustainable HR processes, including employee onboarding and offboarding, performance evaluation, team building, working with internal and external resources as needed
- Administer company payroll and benefits, working with internal and external resources as needed
- Oversee talent acquisition, working with internal and external recruiters as needed
- Carry out office management activities to foster a productive work environment
- Collaborate with managers to develop and implement training programs and facilitate staff relations
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the executive team and trusted advocate to employees at large
- Consult on organizational development matters, such as identifying future recruitment needs
- Support other day-to-day operations
- 5+ years in various HR functions
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Strong understanding of CA and US employment laws and corresponding risk management practices
- Prior experience in an HR role at a dynamic start-up that scaled substantially
- Prior experience at a health tech, pharma, or biotech company
- Prior experience with HR software tools
- Expert communication and interpersonal skills with inspiring leadership prowess
- Passionate about building an organization that performs optimally
Equal Employment Opportunity Notice
Dascena is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment for all qualified persons. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, veteran status, age, genetics or disability.
Applicants and employees notice of EEO rights are available in our office and online here: