Dascena is a health tech start-up located in downtown Oakland. We have developed and implemented predictive machine learning algorithms in hospitals that are used to detect deadly conditions and improve care outcomes. We are also exploring other applications of our technology in the pharmaceutical world and beyond. We are looking for a highly motivated and talented individual to join our team as we build and transform our company.
As an Operations Generalist, you will be responsible for supporting the various day-to-day needs of the company. These are variable and will change depending on current business focuses, so we want you to be open to it all! Some of our current needs include:
- Preparing for and putting together FDA submissions, communicating with the FDA, and seeing our submissions through to the finish line
- Personnel recruitment
- Office management
- Conducting different types of research, including scientific literature review and market analysis
- General project management, which involves working closely with interdisciplinary individuals both internally and externally (e.g. clinicians at hospitals, engineers at our company, legal counsel)
- Has a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. A background and/or interest in healthcare and science is a plus.
- Embraces the unknown
- Is a proactive (not simply reactive) self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Has expert communication and interpersonal skills
- Has a demonstrated record of success
- Constantly wants to improve and motivates themselves and others
Equal Employment Opportunity Notice
Dascena is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment for all qualified persons. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, veteran status, age, genetics or disability.
Applicants and employees notice of EEO rights are available in our office and online here: